By David O. Williams
Real AspenJune 10, 2011
Arson is “a strong possibility” as the cause of fire that damaged a four-plex in West Vail Thursday afternoon, a Colorado Bureau of Investigations official told Real Vail Friday morning.

The blaze erupted in a top-floor unit of 2458 Garmisch Drive at about 2:45 Thursday afternoon, with an explosion waking up the sleeping occupant of an adjacent unit who managed to escape out a window, Vail officials said.

There were no deaths or injuries, and no damage estimate was available Friday afternoon. The CBI investigator provided no additional details as far as possible suspects. A dog had to be rescued from one of the lower-floor units.

Vail firefighters used a chainsaw to cut two holes in the roof of the four-plex so they could check for fire in the attic area.

Firefighters on the roof of 2458 Arosa Drive on Thursday.
By David O. Williams

Here's the official press release from the Town of Vail:

At approximately 2:45 p.m. Thursday (June 9) a structure fire was reported in the West Vail area. No initial address was given, but crews immediately saw visible smoke in the Garmisch Drive area. An engine responded from Station 3 (West Vail) as well as a ladder truck from Station 2 (Main Vail). Eagle River Fire Protection District also responded. The confirmed address was 2458 Garmisch Drive, a four-plex.

Crews reported visible smoke while en route and upon arrival reported a working structure fire and immediately went into the fire attack mode. A neighbor was attempting to extinguish the fire on the exterior of the home off the rear deck with a garden hose. Crews were able to get the fire under control in approximately 20 minutes after arrival. The fire did extensive damage to the exterior (rear) of the home, as well as some smoke damage and structural damage to the interior. Crews had to cut two ventilation holes into the roof to check for extension in the attic area as well.

No occupants were at home in the unit that caught fire; however, an occupant in one of the adjacent units was sleeping and was awakened when he heard “an explosion.” He was able to escape out a bedroom window. There were no injuries, although crews did rescue a dog that was in one of the adjacent units in the complex. The dog was uninjured.

Approximate response time from Station 3 was 1-minute 45 seconds, not including dispatch processing time and turn-out time. The cause of the fire is under investigation. No damage estimates are available at this time.

comments: 11 Comments on "Arson 'a strong possibility' in fire that caused extensive damage at West Vail condo complex"

lepetiw688 – Aug. 27, 2022, at 5:31 a.m.

I like this site very much, Its a really nice situation to read and get info . kaufen

lepetiw688 – Aug. 28, 2022, at 1:08 p.m.

Look at your efforts and also exactly what it’s always worth. Tustin refrigerator repair

lepetiw688 – Aug. 29, 2022, at 5:02 a.m.

I used to be recommended this blog by means of my cousin. I’m not certain whether or not this post is written by means of him as nobody else recognize such certain about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks! 광주출장마사지

lepetiw688 – Aug. 30, 2022, at 8:13 a.m.

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Genuinely rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail around the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is a thing that too little folks are speaking intelligently about. We are happy that we stumbled across this in my seek out something with this. หวยชัดเจน

lepetiw688 – Aug. 30, 2022, at 8:19 a.m.

never saw a website like this, relaly impressed. compared to other blogs with this article this was definatly the best site. will save. Thai elitevisa

lepetiw688 – Sept. 03, 2022, at 6:55 a.m.

I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers 의정부출장안마

lepetiw688 – Sept. 06, 2022, at 7:24 a.m.

There were countless one liners that made me chuckle or laugh. 먹튀검증

lepetiw688 – Sept. 06, 2022, at 1:30 p.m.

I tend to think the same thing about the subject but now I saw your recent blog entry on it and it changed my mind completely. 減肥

lepetiw688 – Sept. 10, 2022, at 4:14 a.m.

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was simply carrying out a small analysis within this. And then he the fact is bought me breakfast due to the fact I uncovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for any treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending time go over this, I believe strongly regarding it and really like reading more on this topic. If it is possible, as you become expertise, might you mind updating your site to comprehend details? It is actually highly a good choice for me. Large thumb up because of this text! Real Estate Agent Bangladesh

lepetiw688 – Sept. 14, 2022, at 5:27 a.m.

You created some decent points there. I looked on the web for the problem and located most people will go as well as using your site. packers and movers kolkata salt lake

lepetiw688 – Sept. 22, 2022, at 8:06 a.m.

I just couldn’t leave your site before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information a person supply for your guests? Is going to be back ceaselessly to investigate cross-check new posts. become an iso merchant services