Vonn, Mancuso finish 1-3 in St. Moritz super G

Real AspenDecember 8, 2012
The good news is Vail's Lindsey Vonn seems fully recovered from last month's stomach issues -- claiming her fourth World Cup win of the season Saturday in a super G at St. Moritz, Switzerland. The bad news is Slovenia's Tina Maze is skiing better in all disciplines right now.

Maze, who has three wins on the season, including a super combined Friday in St. Moritz, finished second on Saturday between Vonn and Squaw Valley's Julia Mancuso. So far Maze has increased her overall lead this weekend by 80 points on overall defending champ Vonn, who skied out in the slalom portion of Friday's combined.

Julia Mancuso, left, and Lindsey Vonn finished 1-3 on the podium Saturday in St. Moritz.
U.S. Ski Team photo

"I was definitely disappointed after yesterday's race," said Vonn, who sits third in the overall hunt, 167 behind Maze. "I skied too conservatively in the super G and didn't really have anything going on in slalom. Today I came out charging, I knew that it was gong to be really difficult to win."

Vonn skied a tactically perfect weather-shortened super G Saturday to capture her 57th career World Cup victory, just five behind the career women's record of 62. Mancuso continued the U.S. Ski Team's speed dominance with third, the fourth straight World Cup speed race where two U.S. athletes have been in the top three. Maze was just .37 seconds behind Vonn.

"The other girls are skiing so well," Vonn said. "Tina and Julia and Maria [Hoefl-Riesch, who is second in the overall chase]. It has been a tight field in super G. I'm definitely going to have to fight hard. The way Tina has been skiing is really great for the sport. I have a lot of respect for her and she is obviously skiing well in all five events. I'm only skiing well at the moment in downhill and super G."

Saturday was the 20th super G win of Vonn's career, a women's record. Mancuso was third for her second super G podium of the season. American women have now captured eight of the possible 12 podium finishes this season in speed races.

"I like super G a lot and it's been good for me this year with my new equipment," Mancuso said. "I'm having fun. It was good that we had downhill [at Lake Louise] before super G because I was really able to figure out what was working. Now that I have figured it out more, hopefully other disciplines like GS will be good too."

The women wrap up the St. Moritz weekend with a GS on Sunday.

"We just have a really good set-up now, with great coaches," Mancuso added. "We have a great role model like Lindsey to look up to. So, it's just helping everyone to be fast."

comments: 18 Comments on "Vonn, Mancuso finish 1-3 in St. Moritz super G"

Robinjack – Sept. 15, 2021, at 6:24 a.m.

Can I recently say thats a relief to uncover somebody who actually knows what theyre preaching about over the internet. You actually learn how to bring a problem to light and work out it critical. The diet need to read this and understand why side of your story. I cant think youre less well-known since you absolutely provide the gift. men's vintage clothing

Robinjack – Sept. 16, 2021, at 8:14 a.m.

Myra Condo by Selangor Dredging Berhad. Hotline 61009266. Get Discounts, Direct Developer Price, Brochure, Floor Plan, Price List. Upcoming new launch at Potong Pasir Myra Condo

Robinjack – Oct. 05, 2021, at 7:58 a.m.

my father have lots and lots of collectible coins that are very precious and rare,, midtown modern showroom

Robinjack – Oct. 10, 2021, at 6:05 a.m.

I couldn’t be more in agreement. I’d like your opinion, do you see more of the same for the days and months ahead? I am really intrigued by your site and your posts. new jersey addiction rehab

Robinjack – Oct. 21, 2021, at 8:09 a.m.

They show young, glamorous, attractive and healthy males and females in these ads. bitartrate hydrocodone for sale

Robinjack – Oct. 26, 2021, at 6:20 a.m.

I do enjoy the way you have framed this particular concern and it really does offer me personally some fodder for consideration. On the other hand, from just what I have seen, I only wish as the actual responses pile on that people stay on issue and don’t start upon a tirade involving the news du jour. All the same, thank you for this outstanding piece and though I can not necessarily agree with the idea in totality, I respect your viewpoint. 4 aco dmt for sale

Robinjack – Oct. 26, 2021, at 6:20 a.m.

After study several of the web sites for your internet site now, and that i really like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my site too and figure out what you think. Buy quaalude methaqualone 300mg

Robinjack – Oct. 26, 2021, at 6:20 a.m.

You see, this attitude bugs me so much, and I haven’t even criticized some of the weird stuff they present us in this movie. Get nembutal online

Robinjack – Dec. 02, 2021, at 6:03 a.m.

thank you for such a brilliant blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the watch out for such information. Cheap suicide nembutal pills

Robinjack – Dec. 06, 2021, at 3:55 a.m.

I’d have to check with you here. Which isn’t something Which i do! I quite like reading a post that can make people believe. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment! sbobet88

Robinjack – Dec. 25, 2021, at 6:29 a.m.

thank you dearly author , I found oneself this web site very helpful and its full of excellent healthy selective information ! , I as well thank you for the fantastic food plan post. sbobet88

Robinjack – Jan. 06, 2022, at 5:32 a.m.

Thanks much for another information. It isn?t easy that sort expertise reading through homework, i am keeping an eye out for. moderne büros

Robinjack – Feb. 14, 2022, at 8:09 a.m.

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your website in internet explorer, would check this… IE still is the market leader and a large portion of people will miss your excellent writing because of this problem. it security services

Robinjack – April 05, 2022, at 7:27 a.m.

“Your page is sweet, your graphics are great, and what’s more” life sciences it companies

Robinjack – Sept. 14, 2022, at 8:07 a.m.

i am addicted to computer games that is why i bought a gamecube for me and my brother,. pgslot

dani – Sept. 26, 2022, at 7:06 a.m.

checking through the net, Appreciation for being really thoughtful. The post contains really beneficial information. Periodico en Albacete. home improvement & tools

dani – Sept. 26, 2022, at 9:53 a.m.

I have visited to this site multiple times and everytime I find beneficial jobs for me so I would suggest please come to this site and take the chance from here. home improvement tool

dani – Oct. 05, 2022, at 4:08 a.m.

A very nice and good post this. I really like it very much. Keep this quality of your work on articles going on and please do not let the quality of your articles fall to bad. Cheers! tim allen home improvement