Vonn poised to sweep Lake Louise again

By David O. Williams
Real AspenDecember 1, 2012
If Vail’s Lindsey Vonn completes a sweep of this weekend’s races at Lake Louise, Alberta – a distinct possibility after she dominated the field by nearly two seconds in Friday’s downhill – she will have answered all of her doubters from a shaky early-season start.

After sparking heated debate by seeking permission to race against men at Lake Louise instead of against women at Aspen – a concept rejected by the International Ski Federation (FIS) -- Vonn wasn’t able to train much in November because of a mysterious and debilitating stomach ailment that landed her in the Vail Valley Medical Center for a couple nights last month.

Still somewhat shaky, Vonn was 21st in a giant slalom last weekend in Aspen and skipped the slalom to head to her favorite hunting ground: Lake Louise.
Vail's Lindsey Vonn crushing yet another Lake Louise downhill race (Alpine Canada photo).

She crushed the first training run this week, finished third in the second run while testing a new setup, and skipped the final training run when her stomach bug bit again. Then on Friday she put the hammer down and bested teammate Stacey Cook by 1.73 seconds and the rest of the field by even more.

“I felt like I had to win today,” Vonn said Friday. “When you say you want to race with the men, you can't really not win the women's races. I was trying to prove a point today, mostly to myself, but also to everyone else who doesn't think that I could compete with the fastest guys.”

The win was Vonn’s 54th career victory -- one behind retired Swiss racer Vreni’s Schneider’s 55 career wins (second only to Austria’s Annemarie Moeser-Proll’s 62). A win for Vonn in Saturday’s downhill would tie Schneider, and a victory in Sunday’s super G would put Vonn all alone in the second spot.

Vonn swept the three races at Lake Louise last season, and now has 12 career wins there (10 in downhill and two in super G).

“This gives me confidence,” Vonn said after her win on Friday. “The only thing I'm concerned about right now is my energy level. I'm just trying to make sure that I can compete throughout the entire weekend. After missing the training run [Thursday] I was a little unsure of myself, but once I got in the starting gate, that all went away.”

A sweep would also put Vonn right back in the hunt to defend her fourth overall World Cup title from last season. The Vail racer now has 110 points this season. Slovenia’s Tina Maze leads the chase with 310, but victories are worth 100 points each, and Vonn appears on track to grab two more this weekend.

On the men’s side, Italy’s Christof Innerhofer edged Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal for the downhill title on Beaver Creek’s Birds of Prey course on Friday. The top American was Travis Ganong in 16th.

Racing action, free and open to the public, continues on Saturday and Sunday with a super G and a giant slalom at Beaver Creek. For full scheduling details, go to www.bcworldcup.com.

comments: 33 Comments on "Vonn poised to sweep Lake Louise again"

Robinjack – Sept. 15, 2021, at 6:19 a.m.

Good blog! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day! funwirks.com

Robinjack – Sept. 16, 2021, at 8:14 a.m.

Hyll on Holland by FEC. Hotline 61009266. Get Discounts, Direct Developer Price, Brochure, Floor Plan, Price List and More. Former Hollandia & Estoril Singapore Hyll on holland showflat

Robinjack – Oct. 05, 2021, at 7:58 a.m.

This is tough. I’m not calling you out though, really I think its everyone else that is responsible. The Landmark Floor Plan

Robinjack – Oct. 10, 2021, at 6:04 a.m.

Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Fantastic. I am also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work. addiction rehab in new jersey

Robinjack – Oct. 21, 2021, at 8:09 a.m.

923(d)) empowers the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms the ability to regulate businesses engaging in firearms sales and service. buy guns online

Robinjack – Oct. 26, 2021, at 6:20 a.m.

Hi mate, .This was an excellent page for such a complicated topic to talk about. I look forward to reading many more excellent posts like this one. Thanks ab-fubinaca

Robinjack – Oct. 26, 2021, at 6:20 a.m.

Thanks for the blog loaded with such a large amount of information. Stopping by your blog helped me to induce what i used to be yearning for. Buy quaalude methaqualone 300mg

Robinjack – Oct. 26, 2021, at 6:20 a.m.

I still have mixed feelings on the iPad. I’d really like to play around with one to draw a solid conclusion. Acquire Pentobarbital peaceful drugs

Robinjack – Dec. 02, 2021, at 6:03 a.m.

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to exchange methods with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested. Buy Nembutal Pentobarbital London

Robinjack – Dec. 06, 2021, at 3:54 a.m.

Roy Miller is a character that truly pays homage to the tough guys of old. sbobet

Robinjack – Dec. 25, 2021, at 6:29 a.m.

This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool! sbobet

Robinjack – Dec. 30, 2021, at 6:06 a.m.

Reoccurring sources of revenue for companies can be over-the-counter drugs, lab work, medical devices, lab equipment, or others. methathone for sale

Robinjack – Jan. 01, 2022, at 4:52 a.m.

Have a chicken coop... Before you bring in the chicks, have their place of shelter in place. Select a safe place to build your chicken coop. Generally chickens are relatively hardy animals, but that doesn't mean they don't require shelter and a place to roost. You can buy a coop or make your own. Use pine shavings and corn cob as bedding. Avoid newspaper since it does not absorb well not to mention that it is slippery which can lead to deforming of your chicken's legs. buy pork online

Robinjack – Jan. 06, 2022, at 5:32 a.m.

i joined so many seo forum on the internet and they are really quite helpful and i have learned a lot, modernes büro

Robinjack – Jan. 12, 2022, at 7:02 a.m.

xiaomi mi 12 release date Hands-On Photo and Design is released. Find the latest information and news on the device here at MLT World

poul – Jan. 12, 2022, at 7:51 p.m.

Guns For Sale Online Beretta Model 1934

Robinjack – Jan. 25, 2022, at 4:01 a.m.

Many people are still hesitant to get on the train because of the stigma that crossbows used to hold. The older models that were introduced were extremely front heavy, unbalanced, and [frankly] not the safest hunting items to use. I can honestly say that there has been many technological advancements in crossbows (as well as the archery/bow hunting communities) that can crush these long-held notions. gew 98 for sale

poul – Feb. 08, 2022, at 6:19 p.m.

After a short time, regular commenters begin to make a community. It starts to feel intrusive to insert yourself. Great article Lot's of information to Read. Guns For Sale Selections SIG SAUERP226 MK25 FOR SALE

poul – Feb. 08, 2022, at 6:21 p.m.

Isn’t it entertaining if we always talk about topics like that..
EAA Tanfoglio Witness Stock II Xtreme

Robinjack – Feb. 14, 2022, at 8:09 a.m.

Well done! I thank you your input to this matter. It has been useful. my blog: how to put on a condom forster boat hire

poul – March 17, 2022, at 5:36 p.m.

Big Pharma has lost billions of dollars recently,

Buy Ketamine Online

poul – April 23, 2022, at 7:27 p.m.

Now let us say that those same two thugs are either deaf or just really stupid and don't retreat when you set the alarm off. Well now those two gentlemen have a real problem because what you have at your disposal is a 2000,000 volt stun device. Just the crackle of electricity and bright blue arc of light should be enough to intimidate even the fiercest of attackers but should they want to test what 200,000 volts will do then by all means let them experience it. Let me tell you what will happen to an attacker that gets jolted with a couple hundred thousand volts, they will stop attacking usually.
Buy 9mm semi-auto pistol Fast Action trigger

poul – April 23, 2022, at 7:27 p.m.

Isn’t it entertaining if we always talk about topics like that..
buy guns online in USA

poul – June 12, 2022, at 8:53 p.m.

gun for sale

poul – June 12, 2022, at 8:53 p.m.

BB guns, when not handled properly, can be dangerous weapons rather than fun toys.
GSG FireFly

poul – June 12, 2022, at 8:53 p.m.

Order Blackberry KushWe offer dank carts,dab carts, Marijuana THC cartridges, good price weed cart, exotic carts for sale, flavors. dab pen cartridge. Order Now!

poul – June 12, 2022, at 8:54 p.m.

Many pharmacy technician programs include some type of hands on internship in a local pharmacy to get hands on experience along with the book work which ranges from pharmacology and medical terminology to human body structure to pharmacology law
Buy benzodiazepine online

poul – June 27, 2022, at 12:29 p.m.

Order Blackberry Kush,We offer dank carts,dab carts, Marijuana THC cartridges, good price weed cart, exotic carts for sale, flavors. dab pen cartridge. Order Now!

poul – July 19, 2022, at 8:52 a.m.

gun for sale

poul – July 19, 2022, at 8:52 a.m.

I really prize your piece of work, Great post.
Makarov Pistol

poul – July 19, 2022, at 8:52 a.m.

Isn’t it entertaining if we always talk about topics like that..
buy guns online in USA

poul – July 19, 2022, at 8:53 a.m.

BUY SAVAGE ARMS 110 ULTRALIGHT

Robinjack – Sept. 14, 2022, at 8:07 a.m.

There are certainly a great deal of details that adheres to that to take into consideration. That is the fantastic specify retrieve. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly you will find questions just like the one you raise up the location where the biggest factor might be employed in honest good faith. I don?t know if guidelines have emerged around items like that, but I am certain that a job is clearly known as a good game. Both little ones have the impact of merely a moment’s pleasure, through out their lives. ทดลองเล่นสล็อต